We have substantial experience of carrying out evaluations, delivering training in monitoring and evaluation and have written and published a number of guides relating to monitoring and evaluation. We also support organisations in developing their own monitoring and evaluation processes.
External evaluations include:
- evaluating two anti-bullying programmes delivered by Kidscape as well as evaluating an extremism and radicalisation awareness programme in schools.
- the evaluation of a national pilot project funded by the Ministry of Justice to provide mentoring support to offenders leaving prison (click here to see the report).
- the evaluation of the support and services provided by the Swindon Therapy Centre for MS
- an impact assessment for Clinks, a national organisation supporting voluntary organisations that work with offenders and their families (click here to see the report).
- an evaluation of The Liminality Group’s ‘Engage, Influence and Inspire’ programme which works with young people in Lambeth who are at risk of or currently involved in gangs and criminal activity (click here to see the report).
- an evaluation of the Two Little Girls’ Campaign‘s anti-trafficking work in Eastern Europe (click here to see the report).
- evaluation of The Orchard Project, a programme to develop and support orchards across the UK
- Evaluation of the Peaceful Prisons Programme run by Leap Confronting Conflict to support the reduction of violence in prison
- the evaluation of Charities Evaluation Service’s PQASSO Quality Mark project
- an evaluation of the outcomes for parents calling the helpline run by The Advisory Centre for Education.
- an evaluation of the outcomes for families calling the The Offenders’ Families Helpline
- an evaluation of a three-year project funded by The Big Lottery run by the National Self-Harm Network.
Consultancy support includes:
- working with Leap Confronting Conflict to develop their monitoring and evaluation processes
- helping London Gypsies and Travellers to develop an evaluation framework and review their monitoring processes
- supporting Carers in Herts developing an evaluation framework and monitoring tools
- working with The Centre of Expertise on Child Sexual Abuse to provide support to organisations in developing their monitoring and evaluation
- supporting Haringey Shed with the evaluation of a three-year project funded under the Big Lottery’s Reaching Communities programme
- support to Thrive in setting up an organisational monitoring and self-evaluation system
- support to Prisoners Abroad in setting up and implementing an impact assessment framework.
- supporting Dekamile with monitoring systems for a development project in Togo.
Toolkits and guides:
- the development of monitoring and evaluation toolkits for Rape Crisis England and Wales and the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation
- research into the availability of outcomes banks
- a guide to using free online surveys
- a guide to using IT to improve monitoring and evaluation
- For many years, we were the lead trainers on Charities Evaluation Services’ flagship National Outcomes Programme which uses a cascade approach to build the voluntary and community sector’s capacity to monitor its outcomes.
- We have also developed and run many bespoke courses and workshops for organisations in the voluntary sector.
Work with funders:
- We have experience of working with funders, both as fundraisers and through delivering training courses to and on behalf of a range of funders.
- We have also carried out evaluations of specific funding programmes.
Voluntary sector commitment:
- We are both Trustees of Birth Companions, an organisation which supports pregnant women and new mothers facing severe disadvantage.
- Diana is also a trustee of Community Action Learning, an organisation which
sets up Action Learning groups throughout the community, by setting up and training self-regulating groups at minimal cost.
- Diana provides ongoing strategic support to Streetwise Opera to develop the monitoring and evaluation of their work. This has included developing a Theory of Change and Impact infographic.