We have substantial experience of carrying out evaluations, delivering training in monitoring and evaluation and have written and published a number of guides relating to monitoring and evaluation. We also support organisations in developing their own monitoring and evaluation processes.
External evaluations include:
- the evaluation of a national pilot project funded by the Ministry of Justice to provide mentoring support to offenders leaving prison (click here to see the report).
- an impact assessment for Clinks, a national organisation supporting voluntary organisations that work with offenders and their families.
- an evaluation for Truce 2020, a conflict resolution project working with young people in East London.
- the evaluation of Charities Evaluation Service’s PQASSO Quality Mark project
- an evaluation of the outcomes for parents calling the helpline run by the the Advisory Centre for Education.
- an evaluation of the outcomes for families calling the The Offenders’ Families Helpline (click here to see the report).
- an evaluation of a three-year project funded by The Big Lottery run by the National Self-Harm Network.
Toolkits and guides:
- the development of monitoring and evaluation toolkits for Rape Crisis England and Wales and the Mentoring and Befriending Foundation
- research into the availability of outcomes banks
- a guide to using free online surveys
- a guide to using IT to improve monitoring and evaluation
Consultancy support includes:
- support to Haringey Shed with the evaluation of a three-year project funded under the Big Lottery’s Reaching Communities programme
- support to Thrive in setting up an organisational monitoring and self-evaluation system
- support to Prisoners Abroad in setting up and implementing an impact assessment framework.
- For many years, we were the lead trainers on Charities Evaluation Services’ flagship National Outcomes Programme which uses a cascade approach to build the voluntary and community sector’s capacity to monitor its outcomes.
- We have also developed and run many bespoke courses and workshops for organisations in the voluntary sector.
Work with funders:
- We have experience of working with funders, both as fundraisers and through delivering training courses to and on behalf of a range of funders.
- We have also carried out evaluations of specific funding programmes.
- We are both Trustees of Birth Companions, an organisation which supports pregnant women and new mothers in Holloway prison.
- Diana is also a trustee of Community Action Learning, an organisation which
sets up Action Learning groups throughout the community, by setting up and training self-regulating groups at minimal cost.